Watches often attract more attention than any garment in gentlemen’s wardrobe. The variety of elegant men's accessories is limited. Most gentlemen can be seen wearing only 3 types accessories - a nice watch, stylish cufflinks and a wedding ring if married.
In addition to helping the owner stick to the graphics, the clocks facilitate the demonstration of a sense of style. For this purpose, any gentleman who wants to look stylish and elegant must adhere to the following ten golden rules how to stylishly wear a watch.
10. Wear your watch on the wrist that you are more comfortable with. It is not necessary to stick to the old rule that the watch should be worn on the non-dominant wrist. Wear your watch on that wrist, which suits you, because the sense of convenience is important for look of sophisticated elegance and flawlessness.
9. Never wear a sport watch with a stylish suit. Your watch must match the type of activity you are involved in. It would be extremely inappropriate to appear with an elegant watch on a hiking trip. Just as inappropriate it would be to wear a sports watch at a business meeting. Watches suitable for official events are usually more expensive and meet certain style requirements. They must be made of higher quality materials - silver, gold or platinum. Their diameter should not exceed 40 mm. An analog display and a discreet design are strongly recommended.
8. The type of metal used to make the watch 'must match the other accessories. For instance, a gentleman who wears gold cufflinks should wear gold watches.
7. Be careful when combine the watch strap with your shoes and belt. Carefully combine colors and fabrics. This would make the vision of every gentleman more sophisticated.
6. The strap should not be too loose or too tight, but fit perfectly around the wrist. Yet the goal is to achieve the sense of finesse and impeccability that is characteristic of the true gentleman. The type of the band must be sized to your wrist.
5. Never wear dark with light and light with dark. During the day a light-colored face is more appropriate while dark dials are more appropriate for night.
4. Never check your watch visibly in the presence of other people. This is especially important when you are at a business meeting, a date or a social event. Good manners exclude that. This is considered rude.
3. Skip the diamonds and jewels. Too much bling is kitsch. They also look too feminine and a true gentleman should not look feminine.
2. Never wear oversized watches. This is a sign of extremely bad taste and lack of good style. You will never be taken seriously in the world of exquisite and stylish men if you wear oversized watches. Stick to the ones that best fit to your wrist to fit snugly and comfortably.
1. Never wear the same watch every day. One and the same watch rarely matches the variety of outfits a true gentleman wears during a given week.
Following these simple but golden rules your watch wearing will be always straight forward.